We are pleased that you and your physician have chosen St. Nicholas Hospital Sheboygan Surgery Center for your procedure. Our staff of professionals provide personalized quality care safely and economically. In order for us to provide you with a safe and comfortable surgical and anesthesia experience, please read and follow the instructions below.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight including water, gum, mints, or hard candy. Brush your teeth, gargle but do not swallow any water on the morning of your procedure. If you eat or drink your procedure may be cancelled. Eating and drinking instructions may change for Epidural Steroid Injection Patients. Your nurse will verify your instructions during your pre-op phone call.
- Do not smoke the night before or the day of your procedure.
- Notify your physician if you develop a cold, fever, sore throat, cough, or other indications of illness prior to your scheduled procedure.
- Please shower or bathe the night before or morning of your procedure.
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing. Sweaters are suggested for comfort.
- Do not apply body lotion or make-up on the day of your procedure.
- Please leave all jewelry at home. If you have body piercings please remove them at home. If you wear glasses, contacts, or hearing aids, please bring a case for their safe keeping.
- Arrive at the surgery center promptly.
- Bring a responsible adult with you that will drive you home. We recommend that you have someone with you for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- One parent or guardian must stay in the facility at all times while their child is in the surgery center.
- Bring your insurance cards and a photo ID with you on the day of your procedure.
- Co-pays and deductibles are due at the time of service.
- On the day of your procedure, you will be asked to sign our admission form stating you have received the following: Advanced Directive information, Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities and our brochure stating ownership of our facility.
A nurse will be calling you to do a health assessment and will ask you about your medications, we will then recommend what medications you can and cannot take before your procedure. Please have your medication list available including dosages.
We look forward to caring for you during your stay at the St. Nicholas Hospital Sheboygan Surgery Center. You will receive a phone call from our staff prior to the day of your procedure to confirm your arrival time and answer any questions.