Upon your discharge you will be advised to follow the following guidelines.
1. Do NOT drive for 24 hours.
2. Do NOT drink alcohol for 24 hours.
3. Do NOT make any important decisions until you have fully recovered.
In the event of an emergency you should make every effort to notify your physician. If you are unable to reach your physician, you may call or go to the Emergency Department.
If you need help immediately - call 911.
Notify your Doctor:
- If your incision becomes infected, red, swollen, shows pus, or red streaks, or if you develop a temperature of 101 degrees or higher.
- If your pain is not controlled by the pain medication prescribed to you.
These are general discharge instructions. Based on the procedure you had performed at the Sheboygan Surgery Center, you will be given other specific discharge instructions.